Monday, June 22, 2015

In Your Own Words - Love for GRTC Pulse!

When we are out on #StreetBeat for Public Outreach, we get a lot of feedback. We listen to ideas, take notes and hear how excited many people are for this new service. We will be sharing "guest blog" posts soon, but want to share now some of the public love for GRTC Pulse from Public Comments:

"I think this project is excellent for Richmond, and I wish it the best success." (Charles Houston, Richmond) 

"I am fully supportive of BRT in Richmond. It can spur large investments in the corridor and help make the city more multi-modal. This also gives a tremendous opportunity to increase pedestrian safety and infrastructure. Contrary to some I believe Richmond does not lack parking! If anything there is too much parking." (Mark Peterson, Richmond) 

"Don’t let parking fears undermine the effectiveness of BRT. A watered-down service will undermine mode-shift and sustainability. An effective system could ease the parking burden while a BRT system In Name Only could amplify parking issues. Keep up the good work and don’t let the negativity get you down." (Aaron Williams)

"Let’s do this right! I support BRT! Please, let us not be afraid to use public space for the best possible use. 10 people who are irate that can’t park right outside their building do not outweigh 1,000 who would have a reasonable way to travel for work and shops. PS-I’m a car owner." (Liz Marshall, Richmond)

"I am a resident/homeowner in Jackson Ward/Downtown. I fully support this project and consider it important to the development of density in Richmond. I am not concerned about the lost parking as I believe this will result in increased access overall." (Rebecca Thomas, Richmond) 

"I look forward to improved public transportation." (Anonymous, April 2015 Public Meeting)

"I love the project and hope it will expand after we finish the first phase. I like the 'GRTC Pulse' logo." (Christopher Tucker, Richmond)

Regarding the April Public Meeting format:
"I was at the earlier info session—Great progress by taking feedback into design upgrades-e.g. parking.  Keep up the good work!" (William Weber, Richmond) 

"Very informative, great communication & socializing with other people. Pretty organized and welcoming. Great presentation and boards. Improvements; pros & cons, project is also concerned about safety & traffic… Good idea to include project workshop sessions for people to participate and interact." (Pauline LaQuindanum, Richmond)

We love you cheerleaders!
"Keep up your excellent work-press on!" (Richard Rumble, Richmond) 

No comments:

Post a Comment